We’re looking for an experienced Back End Developer. The position is based in Helsinki or it can be fully remote.
Please note that even though this can be a 100% remote position, we only accept applicants between time zones UTC-0 to UTC+4.
We are looking for an experienced Back End Developer who is passionate and thrives on new challenges to join our distributed team. As a developer at Sangre, you'll work as part of a team developing world-class web and mobile applications for our clients. You’ll work side by side with our designers, project managers, developers, and clients’ teams to create new features and continue to innovate existing web services and apps.
Many of our projects include Java or NodeJS backend, so experience with either one is a must. However, we’re looking for someone who isn't afraid to step out of their box and develop their expertise in other technologies.
About the job
- You’ll be part of the team developing world-class web and mobile applications for our clients.
- You’ll work together with Sangre’s designers, project managers, developers, and clients’ teams.
- You’ll create production-grade code and implement solutions in agile ways.
- You’ll break down user stories and features into smaller tasks and specifications.
- You’ll collaborate with people at Sangre to improve our processes and ways of working.
- Strong backend development experience using Java and/or NodeJS
- Knowledge of the sysadmin/DevOps tools is a huge plus. We use Ansible, Terraform, Linux, Gitlab CI, Docker, Nginx and Cloudflare.
- Good communication skills in English
- Ability to choose the right tools for the job and a pragmatic way of applying proven methods and technologies in everyday work
- Being a team player is a must.
What we offer
- Challenging projects with top clients
- Ability to shape your own role and grow professionally
- Work 100% remotely or from the office. It's up to you.
- A lot of autonomy as part of a self-managing team
- Competitive salary
Sangre is a full-service digital agency with offices in Helsinki and everywhere. We work in distributed teams to create digital solutions for our clients in various industries. What brings us together is our desire to do our best work, to create value for our clients, and to drive positive change with what we create. We’re looking for people who are passionate about creating outstanding technical solutions and who work extremely well within a team whilst enjoying the autonomy of a flat, self-managing organization.
This is what our application process looks like:
- To apply, send your application and CV to [email protected] with 'Back End Developer' as the subject line. Please tell us about previous projects you've worked on, and include your monthly salary request. Links to LinkedIn and GitHub profiles are appreciated but optional.
- Matching: Video call interview to get to know each other. (60 minutes)
- Technical skills: Video call interview to understand your strengths. (60 minutes)
- Video call to meet the team you would be working with. (30 minutes)
- We'll make an offer to the most suitable candidate for the role.